Togas Tulandi, MD, MHCM
I want to instill hope for women and men undergoing cancer treatment…that having a family is not impossible
Togas Tulandi, MD, MHCM, and a Rhea of Hope co-founder, has worked closely with families facing cancer treatment and the resulting infertility issues. “It affects them so much,” says Tulandi. “I’ve had patients say to me, ‘When I was told I could not have a child, it was as big a blow as when they told me I had cancer.’ I tell them to have hope—that we care, that there are options, and that we will do everything we can to provide help.”
Dr. Tulandi is an internationally known reproductive specialist and endoscopic surgeon. Dr. Tulandi has a Master of Science in Health Care Management from Harvard University.
Dr. Tulandi is a member of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada, the American Board of Obstetrics and, and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, among many other organizations. In addition, he is Past-President of The Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society, and is Past-President of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons, a sub-society of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine. Currently, he is President of Fellowship Board of the American Association for Gynecologic Laparoscopists.
Dr. Tulandi has received numerous awards and prize papers, including the IFFS Anniversary Recognition Award for significant contributions in Infertility and Reproductive Medicine. This honour was bestowed on him at the 16th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility, 54th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, in San Francisco in 1998. In 2002, he also received the Award of Excellence in Reproductive Medicine from the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society. In 2008, he received the Carl Nimrod Educator Award and in 2011, the Society of Reproductive Surgeons Distinguished Surgeon Award. He is also listed in Best Doctors in Canada.
Dr. Tulandi is the author or co-author of more than 250 journal articles, over 300 scientific presentations, at least 60 book chapters, and 11 books. He also sits on the editorial boards of 12 medical journals.
- American Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Reproductive Endocrinologist, Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon
- 25 years experience as an academician, a clinician, a researcher
- Graduate of Harvard School of Public Health and experience as a physician-leader
- Administration and leadership experience as Division Chief and Chief of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2002-2010)
- Full Professor in 1991
- Track record as a leader, administrator, organizer, and fund-raiser
- Track record as a teacher (program director of fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery)
- Track record as a clinical-researcher; over 250 publications, 300 abstracts, over 60 book-chapters, 11 books
- Listed in Best Doctors in Canada
- Contributor to UpToDate
- Editorial board member of 12 journals, including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic and Obstetrics Investigation (Associate Editor), Seminars in Reproductive Medicine, and Reproductive BioMedicine (Associate Editor)
- Regular reviewer for several journals including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fertility Sterility, and American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and many others.
- Recipient of several awards including the International Federation of Fertility Society (IFFS) Anniversary Recognition Award (1998), Award of Excellence in Reproductive Medicine (2002), and Carl Nimrod Educator Award (2008).
- Internationally known and active in several societies (President of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society, President of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons, 2005; President of the fellowship board of the American Association for Gynecologic Laparoscopists-2011).